Shanghai Inn was founded in 1960 and used to be on 1945 W. Lawrence Ave and moved to the present location on 4723 N Damen Ave in 1995.

The old location is the parking lot for Mc Pherson Elementary School today. This business was passed down to two original families.

Through generations of loyal patrons they never seemed to forget the taste of some entrees.

This business have been serving generations of great chinese cuisine to families that have become great-grandparents, grandparents, and parents.